Monday, August 30, 2010

Where do you get your energy?

I recently found this blog called The Document, and its fairly entertaining for a more journal-type blog. (So you know, don't go there to find recipes.) Her most recent entry details how she finds her energy (hint: it's not caffeine) and how that affects her life.

Apparently, this blogger (bloggette?), named Jenna is one of the rare breeds who "derive[s her] excitement and energy from everything [she] do[es]". (To be honest, I'm not sure whether or not to be jealous or puke a little bit.) And I find the concept interesting -- it got me thinking and I realized just how different I am.

I don't derive pleasure, excitement or energy from the things that I do -- doing them requires energy and I derive a sick sense accomplishment over getting things done. I enjoy having research on a particular subject done and filed away. It means less work when it comes time to write. My laundry and dishes get done because I enjoy having the freedom to sit around and marathon Dexter Season 4 (which is excellent, by the way) and I only ever hit the gym in the morning because I feel almost disgustingly self-satisfied knowing that I won't have to do it later.

It's sort of sick and twisted. As is my relationship with caffeine. See, I like the taste of coffee and there is no better way to start the morning (at least in my humblest of opinions) than a pot (or two) of coffee. During winter, there is no better afternoon beverage than a hot cup (or two)(or twelve) of coffee. It's problematic, I know, but very rarely do I use caffeine to "get" my energy. It's just a tasty beverage that runs through my veins.

But how do you get your energy, readership?

No comments:

Post a Comment