Monday, July 5, 2010

A busy busy day.

Today was jampacked insane. It started when I had to be up way too early in order to see my parents off (they're headed back to the homeland), and just continued from there. I got my work out in (How pathetic is this: I had to Google "How to execute bicycle crunches".) and then sat around drinking coffee and working on my French paper until it was time to go to the movies. (Read: Sat around crushing on AJ Daulerio)

A note on the French Paper: I have hit the halfway mark (ten pages) and am beginning to think that this is actually the easiest paper I've ever written. I say this, not because the length isn't daunting, but because I don't have to do anything except recount my experiences.

So today we (me and the little brother) saw Cyrus. It was certainly one epic fuck ton of a lot better than The Last Airbender which I was forced to see yesterday (Brosephat had to write a review for his class). The odd thing about Cyrus though, was that it was all over the place. It went from being hilariously slap-stick funny (and witty!) to being kind of poignant and indie. And the cinematography was pseudo-documentary-ish.

We left the theatre shouting "We are so fucking scene."

After returning to the domicile, I set about planning my day. First, I painted my toe-nails a suitably summery color.Let me be the first to say (without being endorsed by Maybelline in any way, shape or form), that express finish in 50 seconds isn't kidding around. It rocked and was dry in no time at all. (In real life, though, it's more teal than blue.)

After that, I set out (between loads of laundry) to do a little light shopping: things bought today include two new beads for my Pandora bracelet (That shit is expensive, yo) and some things from Gap. For myself, a new office-appropriate skirt, a pair of jeans, and this adorable navy and white striped boat-neck shirt. Plus, I picked up a cardigan from the men's department for weekend knock-arounds. For my brother, (why yes, I do do my brother's back to school shopping for him...do you have a problem with that?) I found some polo shirts on clearance and a new hoodie.

...we'll make a fashion plate out of him yet.

Later: pulled pork, packing and a lady mag take-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment