Monday, July 5, 2010

Pulled Pork!

Tonight, I made pulled pork. And now you can too! You need:
  • Leftover cooked pork products (I had approximately 3/4 rack of ribs and 3 pork steaks.)
  • Beer (I used two cans).
  • Worcestershire sauce and other seasons.
Put all of this in a large pot, turn to simmer and leave it alone for the next 3 or so hours.While it's cooking RESIST the urge to pull the meat off the bones and/or attempting to shred the meat to speed the process. If you just let it do its thing, the meat will fall off the bone on it's own. When that happens, you can use your trusty, scary-looking utensils to fish out the bones and gently tear the meat. (That's my scary looking utensil right there.)

If you did it right, the meat won't need much prompting. It will fall off the bones on its own and the fat will be all rendered and delicious.

When it's done, slather it in some sauce and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I want pulled pork! I've been meaning to make it sometime! I'd love to serve it with kimchi slaw. :D

    ReplyDelete