Friday, June 18, 2010

The beginning of the end of the beginning.

Less than one year from today, I will graduate from a four-year university and I am terrified. Truth be told, I feel no closer to being a "real-live grown-up" now than I did at the beginning of my college career three years ago, but I recognize that some serious preparation is in order as I contemplate the perils of the real world.

You don't actually need to know my name to know who I am: an overambitious, multiple-majoring, straight, white female who has spent the last three years working hard at a dead-end job to make ends meet. I don't have a car, a full-time job or a 401k, and I'm still on my dad's health insurance. In roughly 11 months, that will all change.

This is my story.

But, really, isn't it everyone's?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I have the same fears. I'm graduating (i hope) Winter2011, and I have nooo idea what I'm going to do after, how I'm going to support myself, etc. I was also on my parents' insurance until my dad stopped working and now I'm just using the school's insurance.
    No worries, I understand your worries!!

    xoxo best of luck!

    ReplyDelete