Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mango-Blueberry Compote

As you may recall, I was recently gifted a large quantity of delicious fruits and today, I decided to do something with it. Using this recipe adapted from Food and Wine, I made a deliciously fruitful and delightful dish.The key players are:
-Mediumish sized mango.
-1 pint blueberries.
-1 lemon.Hack up the mango into 1/2 (or so sized chunks) and then combine in a pot with:
-blueberries
-4 scant tablespoons of sugar
-the juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
-1/2 cup water

Let sit on medium heat until it boils and then cook for another 15 minutes.
I enjoyed mine in a mug with a healthy dollop of cream cheese. (Kind of like a deconstructed, warm cheese cake.) It was tasty, and I liked the extra bite of citrus. However, I think I overdid it on the water and/or didn't let it cook long enough -- it was a little too soupy for my tastes. (I was hoping for a thicker mixture.)

Overall though?
Delicious! And I can't wait to try it with waffles or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment