Monday, June 28, 2010

Return from the Internetless Wilderness

Hello again!

After spending the long weekend in an environment where the internet was, in fact, not free (or even cheap), I am back and getting caught up on what's what in the online world. Like my schoolwork (or fights on Jezebel). Wedding weekend was fantastic (if drunken) -- I spent plenty of time catching up with members of the extended family, dancing like a moron and almost melting in the heat of a Saint Louis summer.

But now that I'm back from that adventure (and still on vacation for another week), it's time to get back to my list of things to do. Let's take a look at today's chunk of the grandmaster list:
  • Read 100 pages of How to Write a BA Thesis by Charles Lipson
  • Complete 5 pages of 20 page French paper (due the first day of fall classes)
  • Get caught up on emails
  • Work out (more than likely to the sweet sweet music of The Daily Show)
So there you have it. Not exactly a slow day at the office, but it certainly seems to be a manageable load (provided that I get a start on it sometime soon). I find that breaking down my relatively large summer workload into reasonable daily chunks makes it seem a lot less threatening.
Beyond getting that four-part list done, I have two other projects in the works. Like, what do I do with the fruit? My good-buddy-from-the-homeland Grace gave me that lovely assortment of fruits from the Korean marketplace. But now, what do I do with it? I feel like it might be time to try my hand at compote. Or a baked apple. Suggestions, hungry hivemind?


Then, we have July ladymag bonanza! Obsessing over the mainstream media is one of my favorite pastimes, but I really only have the opportunity to do it on breaks from school. So I decided to buy all the "good" magazines for July and see what I can learn. (The "good" ones being Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Redbook -- I like the recipes! -- and Glamour.)

I plan to see what they have to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment