Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Television Confessional: 5 reasons why I'm not ashamed to like Hot In Cleveland

  1. My mother's family is from Cleveland, so any show that pokes fun at the city's expense is alright by me.
  2. Hot in Cleveland has a cast made up of people who look like actual people...while the promo poster airbrushed the four lovely ladies to high heaven, the show itself shows a bunch of middle-aged/octogenarian broads living large on their own personal Cleveland party barge.
  3. The old school sitcom format (Every episode opens with "Hot in Cleveland is filmed in front of a live studio audience) hearkens back to a day when TV was simpler, and more relaxing.
  4. Unlike my other guilty pleasure, Grey's Anatomy, Hot in Cleveland doesn't make me feel like an inadequate underachiever.
  5. Betty. Fucking. White.


Video Credit: YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment